OPEN
Thread
Creator
Mecha Leo
03-03-19 12:23 AM
Last
03-09-19 12:46 PM

Thread Actions

A New Pair of Pokemon Titles Were Announced!

03-03-19 12:23 AM
Link | 68 Words

Mecha Leo
Level: 63

POST EXP: 181002
LVL EXP: 1997847
CP: 6527.8
VIZ: 165297

That's right! Nintendo presented their new entry in the Pokemon series, the official titles for the Nintendo Switch! It seems they've given up on celestial bodies and are now using a new naming theme. Here is...

... I don't know about you guys, but something about these mascots doesn't sit right with me...

Please help I've gotten to the point where I'm doing all-nighters to make memes.
Trusted Member
What does it mean to lose all meaning? That's not a goth thing, it just sounds like something that would make a robot explode.

Affected by 'Laziness Syndrome'

Last Post: 6 days
Last Active: 14 hours

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: -Drew-,

Related Content

Content Coming Soon

03-03-19 12:44 AM
Link | 61 Words

IgorBird122
The_IB122
Level: 127

POST EXP: 509873
LVL EXP: 23563339
CP: 37822.6
VIZ: 1641455

That was quick, Generation IX has already been announced just a week after Sword/Shield (Gen VIII) were announced.

But all seriousness, Since X & Y, I think that The Pokemon Company decided to scrap naming their games after colors or minerals and start naming them after random things. At this point, it's anyone's guess on what Gen IX will be named.
Site Staff
System Manager
The Artist of Vizzed

Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Last Post: 4 hours
Last Active: 1 hour

03-03-19 05:41 AM
Link | 87 Words

Furret
Level: 123

POST EXP: 298809
LVL EXP: 21035067
CP: 28315.4
VIZ: 2240841

IgorBird122 : I'm personally predicting Pokemon Salt & Pokemon Pepper.

It just makes sense to me at this point.

Here's some more potential names- 

Pokemon Bow & Pokemon Arrow

Pokemon Shirt & Pokemon Pants

Pokemon Orange & Pokemon Purple

Pokemon Copper & Pokemon Bronze

Pokemon Light & Pokemon Dark

Pokemon Dog & Pokemon Cat

Pokemon Combat & Pokemon Magic

Pokemon Desert & Pokemon Tundra

Pokemon North & Pokemon South

Pokemon Snow & Pokemon Rain

If one of those is actually the next set of games I'm a legend
Global Moderator
Activities Manager; Minecraft Server Admin
#1 Ace Attorney fan

Last Post: 4 days
Last Active: 7 hours

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: Mecha Leo,

03-03-19 07:06 AM
Link | 165 Words

EX Palen
Level: 112

POST EXP: 817069
LVL EXP: 15054193
CP: 107403.0
VIZ: 6850819

Well, we've had an ice cream Pokemon with two evolutions, so why not having more food-themed Pokemon going around.

But yeah, the mascots don't sit right. One is apparently an Eeveelution which has revolted against being fed salad and the other one is just a multicolored Gorebyss. Even for the lack of originality we've seen lately, these two seem odd.

Furret : Pokemon Bow & Arrow could perfectly be this generation's Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. And if they returned to releasing a third game and not a pair of sequels, I'd go with Pokemon Crossbow.

About your other names, I see a few potential ones that could be real. Light & Dark is pretty much possible, though we had something similar in Sun/Moon; Orange & Purple would be a return to its roots and a good name for the games celebrating the 25th anniversary of the franchise; Combat & Magic could even lead to two very distinct games... Definitely some good potential in that list.
Local Moderator
Game Guide Manager, Content Adder
Vizzed #1 Scooter fan

Last Post: 1 hour

03-03-19 01:21 PM
Link | 228 Words

Divine Aurora
Level: 81

POST EXP: 185990
LVL EXP: 4954435
CP: 11249.2
VIZ: 377396

I mean me personally I'll get Pokemon shield only to migrate or transfer pokemon from older gens into the game to use. The starters for this generation look particularly bad especially the fire bunny and the water lizard, the grass starter looks like a chimpchar with a color and type swap. But the graphics look amazing and the core mechanics of a pokemon game is there so it has that going for it...I just don't want the game to be a hold your hand cake walk like ultra sun/ultra moon where its showing you type advantages and where to go... I want to see a battle frontier like how pokemon emerald had, and I also want to have the ability to change the difficulty setting, its about time pokemon games were made harder and with a better post end game activity other than the generic battle mansion.Basically I want to see the REAL battle frontier from Pokemon Emerald again(battle symbols and all) and I want a actual challenge, make the game have a higher difficulty mode if desired, and finally I want access to pokemon from all regions, don't just stuff the game with poor quality "neeew" pokemon, I'd rather have like 15-20 new well designed pokemon then 120 pokemon that look like uter crap or makicarp mixed with the trash bag pokemon or the ice cream cone...
Site Staff
Content Adder

Last Post: 1 day
Last Active: 1 day

03-04-19 02:02 PM
Link | 122 Words

IgorBird122
The_IB122
Level: 127

POST EXP: 509873
LVL EXP: 23563339
CP: 37822.6
VIZ: 1641455

But all seriousness, regarding Pokemon Sword & Shield, the game so far looks pretty decent, and I might end up getting one of them (more in likely Shield), or both of them if they all look great. They're not going to be as great like the Gen V & Gen VII (except Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee) games, but it'll be up there though, although we only seen a brief trailer of Sword/Shield, and that doesn't really mean anything yet.

Divine Aurora : Yeah, each of the 7 Generations had really great looking Pokemon, and a bunch of Crappy looking Pokemon, it's really on what TPC thinks about, like those 15-20 Pokemon you mentioned, TPC created first, and the others are basically served as "fillers"
Site Staff
System Manager
The Artist of Vizzed

Last Post: 4 hours

03-09-19 12:00 PM
Link | 158 Words

Fyredove
Pokefreak219
Level: 69

POST EXP: 100814
LVL EXP: 2785417
CP: 6307.0
VIZ: 54568

Pokemon sword and shield doesn't look at all that bad honestly. I personally think they still need to push the limits of the switch, but considering this is probably just the first switch main gen Pokemon game, they still have some to work with the next gen.

I legitimately got a Nintendo switch for the very reason that the new main gen Pokemon games were going to be on them, so i'm pretty hyped. It was pretty expected for the region be based on England. Ill be getting Pokemon Shield for the sole reason that my boyfriend wants Sword, and we normally get opposites.

The starters look very... interesting. Personally, I don't think they look like Pokemon. They look like some off brand. I am however interested in seeing how they take their evolution's. I can only hope the bunny doesn't become a Fire/Fighting. Personally Sobble's where its at. I'm just happy they didn't bring back chibi kid's. 

Local Moderator
Minecraft Admin

Last Post: 2 days
Last Active: 8 hours

03-09-19 12:46 PM
Link | 152 Words

Mecha Leo
Level: 63

POST EXP: 181002
LVL EXP: 1997847
CP: 6527.8
VIZ: 165297

Fyredove: I'm going to be completely straight with all of you, all three of them look like turnips glued to a headless sock monkey.

I'm still holding out for the craziest possibility, Scorbunny seems highly athletic, has band aids on them, either they're soon to be a fighting type, or because of the fast traits, we could possibly get a fire... electric type??? I don't know but for
fricks sake just because Incineroar wasn't a fighting type doesn't mean he wasn't a fighting type you know!?

Also hoping Sobble doesn't evolve into a giant slug or dying fat salamander and becomes something more sleek as well, and as for Grook... ugh that name...
Grookey... remember when Rowlett was the odd one out and didn't look as interesting, and then they showed us Decidueye? I get that feeling from... look we gotta find a better name for this thing. I vote on Yarroset.
Trusted Member
What does it mean to lose all meaning? That's not a goth thing, it just sounds like something that would make a robot explode.

Last Post: 6 days
Last Active: 14 hours

Links