11-20-21 06:17 AM
| ID: 1393846 | 60 Words

Allysa8th
Level: 18

POST EXP: 21733
LVL EXP: 27398
CP: 1530.4
VIZ: 199258

Hey guys, feel free to ask me stuff! I have permission from @SonicOlmstead to make this thread, and I'll do my best to reply relatively fast. Ideally I won't be back to back posting, but I'll take what I can get. I may not be the most interesting lady in the world, but I'll do my best to pretend so!
Hey guys, feel free to ask me stuff! I have permission from @SonicOlmstead to make this thread, and I'll do my best to reply relatively fast. Ideally I won't be back to back posting, but I'll take what I can get. I may not be the most interesting lady in the world, but I'll do my best to pretend so!
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Affected by 'Laziness Syndrome'

Last Post: 2 days
Last Active: 3 hours

Related Content

Content Coming Soon

11-21-21 06:00 AM
SonicOlmstead is Online
| ID: 1393850 | 48 Words

SonicOlmstead
Sonicolmstead
SonicOlmstead14
Level: 89

POST EXP: 202214
LVL EXP: 6681320
CP: 14454.1
VIZ: 1104262

It would seem I have the honor of asking the first question so that being said I'll leave you a few questions to answer Since you asked me I'm curious of your opinion on your favorite and least favorite remake? I'll also ask what's your favorite game console?

It would seem I have the honor of asking the first question so that being said I'll leave you a few questions to answer Since you asked me I'm curious of your opinion on your favorite and least favorite remake? I'll also ask what's your favorite game console?

Administrator
User Manager, Mod Manager, Minecraft Admin
Ore wa Tokoton Tomaranai!!

Last Active: 3 min.

11-21-21 07:03 AM
| ID: 1393851 | 877 Words

Allysa8th

SonicOlmstead : Congrats on being the first to ask something!

My first choice is very much cheating, for spoilery reasons, but I'm going to immediately answer with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I absolutely adore that game. Everything about it is just amazing, and its spoilery concept is just the best thing ever. I am very much in the camp that believes Nomura can do no wrong. Whatever s*** he's on resonates perfectly with me and I will always love that.

I haven't finished it yet, but I thought that the recent Link's Awakening remake was really cute and charming. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, but that game oozed cuteness in a way that I just had to get it. While I saw people criticizing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for being so similar aesthetically, I feel like it didn't go far enough personally. Where BDSP exists as this cute game with chibi aesthetics, Link's Awakening exists as this adorable game trying its hardest to look like a charming little toy set brought to life. It's really great, 10/10 would hug everything in the game.

Similarly, Siren Blood Curse is just a f***ing gem honestly. Siren was a PS2 game made by Team Silent after they departed from Konami. They would brand themselves as "Project Siren" and are probably best known today for making the Gravity Rush games (which is just a kind way of saying they have ONLY made Siren and Gravity Rush). You can still play it today as it's still available as a PS2 on PS4 digital title. Siren Blood Curse was a PS3 remake of the original Siren, being made with the intention of satirizing the "American remake of Japanese horror/media" subgenre. It's just f***ing beautiful, and lowkey more enjoyable to play than Siren itself kinda? Siren is a really creative game with a lot of really unique and well thought out quirks, such as the mindjacking feature that allows you to hold a button to see from the enemies perspective, but Blood Curse streamlines these ideas while also sorta refining them for gameplay pleasure. That may not mesh too well with the horror genre, usually using imperfect game design as a means of making the player feel more vulnerable and weak, but for the concept Blood Curse is going for, it's works really well.

To give some variety and talk about non-gamery things, I can't just NOT mention John Carpenter's The Thing. I know it's what everyone goes to regarding film remakes... But it's for a good reason lmao. It's easily one of my favourite films out there and I adore every second of the second half of the film. And while I haven't read it, I absolutely love the concept of Love and Death: Twilight Reimagined. It's just genderbent Twilight. That's it. And you know what that means? Vampire mommy gfs. Thank you, Stephenie Meyer, now combine the two to make a WLW version.

As for least favourite, there's quite a few that I really didn't vibe with. Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom's recent remake was kinda mediocre, featuring a lot of really odd issues and being overall a bit lazy, particularly with how it copy and pasted the voice lines from the original release. Guess they were on a tight budget. I don't really like Halo Combat Evolved's remake either, I think it's an overall downgrade visually and provides a worse experience of the original game on top of that when you swap between the two modes. Plus I had some weird game breaking bugs when I last played that really annoyed me. I also really don't like Resident Evil 3's remake, but that's mostly because it isn't very good as its own game. I've never actually played the original, but I really disliked a lot of the unnecessary changes I heard about, most of which only existing to take features away from the game as opposed to enhancing it. Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, while mostly being remasters of the originals, are really sloppy and overall worse editions too.

In spirit, as I haven't personally played them, I really hate the recent Dragon Quest remakes, the really bad quality phone ports that just get dragged and dropped onto every console around. Not only are they bad, but it removes any possibility of getting better faithful remakes later on. Though, I suppose the recent Final Fantasy ones exist as a counter point there.

Death Note's film was an embarrassment. That's all the time I'm going to waste on thinking about that. No Misa = Not worth the energy.

Anyways, I still have to answer your second question! I'll keep this one short, I promise, hahah. I really love the PS2. The PS3 is a close second for a lot of its qualities that youtuber ThorHighHeels lays out in his most recent video "Mysterious PS3 Games", but overall, I just love the PS2 so much. It introduced so many of my favourite games and IPs, had an overwhelming amount of sequels and titles on it, had the absolute most heart put into its games, had some really amazing hidden gems and incredibly creative experiences on it, etc etc etc. It really was an absolute titan of a console.
SonicOlmstead : Congrats on being the first to ask something!

My first choice is very much cheating, for spoilery reasons, but I'm going to immediately answer with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I absolutely adore that game. Everything about it is just amazing, and its spoilery concept is just the best thing ever. I am very much in the camp that believes Nomura can do no wrong. Whatever s*** he's on resonates perfectly with me and I will always love that.

I haven't finished it yet, but I thought that the recent Link's Awakening remake was really cute and charming. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, but that game oozed cuteness in a way that I just had to get it. While I saw people criticizing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for being so similar aesthetically, I feel like it didn't go far enough personally. Where BDSP exists as this cute game with chibi aesthetics, Link's Awakening exists as this adorable game trying its hardest to look like a charming little toy set brought to life. It's really great, 10/10 would hug everything in the game.

Similarly, Siren Blood Curse is just a f***ing gem honestly. Siren was a PS2 game made by Team Silent after they departed from Konami. They would brand themselves as "Project Siren" and are probably best known today for making the Gravity Rush games (which is just a kind way of saying they have ONLY made Siren and Gravity Rush). You can still play it today as it's still available as a PS2 on PS4 digital title. Siren Blood Curse was a PS3 remake of the original Siren, being made with the intention of satirizing the "American remake of Japanese horror/media" subgenre. It's just f***ing beautiful, and lowkey more enjoyable to play than Siren itself kinda? Siren is a really creative game with a lot of really unique and well thought out quirks, such as the mindjacking feature that allows you to hold a button to see from the enemies perspective, but Blood Curse streamlines these ideas while also sorta refining them for gameplay pleasure. That may not mesh too well with the horror genre, usually using imperfect game design as a means of making the player feel more vulnerable and weak, but for the concept Blood Curse is going for, it's works really well.

To give some variety and talk about non-gamery things, I can't just NOT mention John Carpenter's The Thing. I know it's what everyone goes to regarding film remakes... But it's for a good reason lmao. It's easily one of my favourite films out there and I adore every second of the second half of the film. And while I haven't read it, I absolutely love the concept of Love and Death: Twilight Reimagined. It's just genderbent Twilight. That's it. And you know what that means? Vampire mommy gfs. Thank you, Stephenie Meyer, now combine the two to make a WLW version.

As for least favourite, there's quite a few that I really didn't vibe with. Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom's recent remake was kinda mediocre, featuring a lot of really odd issues and being overall a bit lazy, particularly with how it copy and pasted the voice lines from the original release. Guess they were on a tight budget. I don't really like Halo Combat Evolved's remake either, I think it's an overall downgrade visually and provides a worse experience of the original game on top of that when you swap between the two modes. Plus I had some weird game breaking bugs when I last played that really annoyed me. I also really don't like Resident Evil 3's remake, but that's mostly because it isn't very good as its own game. I've never actually played the original, but I really disliked a lot of the unnecessary changes I heard about, most of which only existing to take features away from the game as opposed to enhancing it. Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, while mostly being remasters of the originals, are really sloppy and overall worse editions too.

In spirit, as I haven't personally played them, I really hate the recent Dragon Quest remakes, the really bad quality phone ports that just get dragged and dropped onto every console around. Not only are they bad, but it removes any possibility of getting better faithful remakes later on. Though, I suppose the recent Final Fantasy ones exist as a counter point there.

Death Note's film was an embarrassment. That's all the time I'm going to waste on thinking about that. No Misa = Not worth the energy.

Anyways, I still have to answer your second question! I'll keep this one short, I promise, hahah. I really love the PS2. The PS3 is a close second for a lot of its qualities that youtuber ThorHighHeels lays out in his most recent video "Mysterious PS3 Games", but overall, I just love the PS2 so much. It introduced so many of my favourite games and IPs, had an overwhelming amount of sequels and titles on it, had the absolute most heart put into its games, had some really amazing hidden gems and incredibly creative experiences on it, etc etc etc. It really was an absolute titan of a console.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: SonicOlmstead,

11-21-21 09:44 PM
| ID: 1393853 | 65 Words

pennylessz
Level: 94

POST EXP: 124558
LVL EXP: 8116357
CP: 4728.8
VIZ: 314030

So I'll ask. What made you get so active on this site anyway? We don't usually have users go above and beyond like you do with activity, and I think it makes you pretty admirable.

Secondarily, because Sonic asked a video game question and now I feel like I should ask something more fun. What are some of your least favorite games of all time?
So I'll ask. What made you get so active on this site anyway? We don't usually have users go above and beyond like you do with activity, and I think it makes you pretty admirable.

Secondarily, because Sonic asked a video game question and now I feel like I should ask something more fun. What are some of your least favorite games of all time?
Local Moderator

Last Post: 1 day
Last Active: 1 day

11-22-21 02:39 AM
| ID: 1393854 | 488 Words

Allysa8th

pennylessz : Very good questions! I just really love forum culture honestly. Unfortunately my online history is long gone since sites have died and/or accounts have been deleted, but I used to jump from forum to forum and other social media platforms like MySpace briefly as a child. It was a really nice escape for me, especially since I never really had many people that were like me around in school environments at the time, the usual heavily scene/emo anime loving nerd type. Once I started meeting people like that though, that did eventually change and I became much less active online. Minuano and I met relatively recently and he brought this place up when I was talking to him about that type of interest. This is frankly the only forum I've seen within the last few years to actually have a comparatively active userbase, so I decided to actually register and stick around for a bit! It's been quite nice here, and I thank you all for your wonderful hospitality and welcoming vibes, lol.

Least favourite games is a really tricky thing for me, to be quite honest. I'll usually leave a game with something of value taken away from it, whether it be an interesting design element or just really appreciating the visuals or something. So it's very rare for me to outright have a "least favourite" or even hated game. Plus, if I feel like a game under performed to me to such an unsatisfying degree, I tend to just completely forget about it, you know?

I suppose if I had to pick any singular game however, I'd probably choose Breath of the Wild. Like I said in the previous post, I'm not a Zelda fan by any means. I love Twilight Princess for its aesthetics, but I never actually got far enough in it and doubt I could even now. I played Ocarino for about 5 minutes at the begging request of a friend once? That was even worse, hahah. For Breath of the Wild, I really loved the vibes the trailers were putting down ever since its first reveal. It looked like it was going to be this big, epic adventure that was a bit more grim than ever before. Plus I really loved, again, its visual aesthetics in those initial trailers. It looked very Studio Ghibli-esque. By the time I got to play it, I was a bit heart broken. Nothing about my impressions felt all that accurate to the actual game itself. It felt overall very aimless and like the story was relatively absent. It was a lot more cheery and jokey than the melancholic "peace through destruction" apocalyptic tone I was anticipating. Even the visual appeal was gone, feeling a bit more like a muddier cel shading than what was being shown here for example.

Again, I can't hate it, but it was a very disappointing experience for me.
pennylessz : Very good questions! I just really love forum culture honestly. Unfortunately my online history is long gone since sites have died and/or accounts have been deleted, but I used to jump from forum to forum and other social media platforms like MySpace briefly as a child. It was a really nice escape for me, especially since I never really had many people that were like me around in school environments at the time, the usual heavily scene/emo anime loving nerd type. Once I started meeting people like that though, that did eventually change and I became much less active online. Minuano and I met relatively recently and he brought this place up when I was talking to him about that type of interest. This is frankly the only forum I've seen within the last few years to actually have a comparatively active userbase, so I decided to actually register and stick around for a bit! It's been quite nice here, and I thank you all for your wonderful hospitality and welcoming vibes, lol.

Least favourite games is a really tricky thing for me, to be quite honest. I'll usually leave a game with something of value taken away from it, whether it be an interesting design element or just really appreciating the visuals or something. So it's very rare for me to outright have a "least favourite" or even hated game. Plus, if I feel like a game under performed to me to such an unsatisfying degree, I tend to just completely forget about it, you know?

I suppose if I had to pick any singular game however, I'd probably choose Breath of the Wild. Like I said in the previous post, I'm not a Zelda fan by any means. I love Twilight Princess for its aesthetics, but I never actually got far enough in it and doubt I could even now. I played Ocarino for about 5 minutes at the begging request of a friend once? That was even worse, hahah. For Breath of the Wild, I really loved the vibes the trailers were putting down ever since its first reveal. It looked like it was going to be this big, epic adventure that was a bit more grim than ever before. Plus I really loved, again, its visual aesthetics in those initial trailers. It looked very Studio Ghibli-esque. By the time I got to play it, I was a bit heart broken. Nothing about my impressions felt all that accurate to the actual game itself. It felt overall very aimless and like the story was relatively absent. It was a lot more cheery and jokey than the melancholic "peace through destruction" apocalyptic tone I was anticipating. Even the visual appeal was gone, feeling a bit more like a muddier cel shading than what was being shown here for example.

Again, I can't hate it, but it was a very disappointing experience for me.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

11-22-21 07:12 PM
cafeman55 is Online
| ID: 1393862 | 10 Words

cafeman55
hellno163
Level: 65

POST EXP: 25215
LVL EXP: 2298675
CP: 5348.5
VIZ: 103047

do you play animal crossing new leaf or new horizon?
do you play animal crossing new leaf or new horizon?
Trusted Member

Last Post: 7 days
Last Active: 9 min.

11-23-21 01:45 AM
| ID: 1393863 | 45 Words

Allysa8th

cafeman55 : I've played a bit of them! More with New Leaf than New Horizon. They're really cute and comfy games, but I'm not terribly creative, so I tend to fall off pretty quickly compared to players who dedicate their lives to building an entire city.
cafeman55 : I've played a bit of them! More with New Leaf than New Horizon. They're really cute and comfy games, but I'm not terribly creative, so I tend to fall off pretty quickly compared to players who dedicate their lives to building an entire city.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

11-23-21 01:16 PM
| ID: 1393871 | 34 Words

becerra95
Level: 88

POST EXP: 88809
LVL EXP: 6427320
CP: 6145.1
VIZ: 220165

Who are you, why are you granted more access and bruh don’t answer the last question. This, when were you global and why haven’t I known this? I gotta talk to sonic about this.
Who are you, why are you granted more access and bruh don’t answer the last question. This, when were you global and why haven’t I known this? I gotta talk to sonic about this.
Vizzed Elite
I am well too endowed with my morals

Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Last Post: 11 hours
Last Active: 5 hours

11-23-21 07:50 PM
SonicOlmstead is Online
| ID: 1393879 | 125 Words

SonicOlmstead
Sonicolmstead
SonicOlmstead14
Level: 89

POST EXP: 202214
LVL EXP: 6681320
CP: 14454.1
VIZ: 1104262

Before asking another question I just wanted to say you never have to worry about answers being to long when I ask something I rarely ask people questions in AMAs so if I do it's because I'm curious about something so I'm willing to take the time to read what you have to say on it. I just hope I don't end up asking something more than once because my memory is not always the best and by that I mean it's sucks. xD

With that out of the way do you have a favorite Sonic level whether it be for the aesthetics or level design or even the music? Actually feel free to answer all 3 of those if they happen to be different.
Before asking another question I just wanted to say you never have to worry about answers being to long when I ask something I rarely ask people questions in AMAs so if I do it's because I'm curious about something so I'm willing to take the time to read what you have to say on it. I just hope I don't end up asking something more than once because my memory is not always the best and by that I mean it's sucks. xD

With that out of the way do you have a favorite Sonic level whether it be for the aesthetics or level design or even the music? Actually feel free to answer all 3 of those if they happen to be different.
Administrator
User Manager, Mod Manager, Minecraft Admin
Ore wa Tokoton Tomaranai!!

Last Active: 3 min.

11-23-21 09:04 PM
| ID: 1393881 | 253 Words

Allysa8th

SonicOlmstead : Lmao I'm very glad to hear that! As you can already see, I can write a novel sometimes.

"With that out of the way do you have a favorite Sonic level whether it be for the aesthetics or level design or even the music?"

YES! Emerald Coast is my baby. My heaven. I absolutely love it more than every other Sonic stage there is. I don't even particularly enjoy Adventure over Adventure 2, but oh my god have I played Emerald Coast more than possibly any other stage in any other game.

Something about it just screams "Yeah! We're doin' this!"
Spoiler:
Or better yet, a loud "Aww yeah, this is happenin'!"
A triumphant cheer into the 3D world. It's the big bang of Sonic stages 5 mainline games into the franchise and probably 15 minutes into the game itself. It, to me, defines what Sonic is all about. Having fun and enjoying life to the fullest, living without a care and doing things your way. Both tracks for each half of the stage are absolutely amazing and manage to get better with every remix. The aesthetics are PEAK comfy vibes. Emerald Coast is fun embodied. I love it.

Again, even though I favour Adventure 2 MUCH more over Adventure, I honestly think my biggest back-up choice would have to be Windy Valley too! Honestly, SA1 had so many goshdarn good Sonic stages. It really understood what made Sonic such a fun IP and translated it into the late 90's landscape near perfectly.
SonicOlmstead : Lmao I'm very glad to hear that! As you can already see, I can write a novel sometimes.

"With that out of the way do you have a favorite Sonic level whether it be for the aesthetics or level design or even the music?"

YES! Emerald Coast is my baby. My heaven. I absolutely love it more than every other Sonic stage there is. I don't even particularly enjoy Adventure over Adventure 2, but oh my god have I played Emerald Coast more than possibly any other stage in any other game.

Something about it just screams "Yeah! We're doin' this!"
Spoiler:
Or better yet, a loud "Aww yeah, this is happenin'!"
A triumphant cheer into the 3D world. It's the big bang of Sonic stages 5 mainline games into the franchise and probably 15 minutes into the game itself. It, to me, defines what Sonic is all about. Having fun and enjoying life to the fullest, living without a care and doing things your way. Both tracks for each half of the stage are absolutely amazing and manage to get better with every remix. The aesthetics are PEAK comfy vibes. Emerald Coast is fun embodied. I love it.

Again, even though I favour Adventure 2 MUCH more over Adventure, I honestly think my biggest back-up choice would have to be Windy Valley too! Honestly, SA1 had so many goshdarn good Sonic stages. It really understood what made Sonic such a fun IP and translated it into the late 90's landscape near perfectly.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: SonicOlmstead,

11-24-21 08:37 PM
| ID: 1393883 | 47 Words

Minuano
Galacta
Super Davideo7 2
Level: 119

POST EXP: 184595
LVL EXP: 18438226
CP: 13763.1
VIZ: 413943

How do you feel about the "gacha" genre of video games that has come and swept the mobile market completely off its feet? In that scope, if you aren't familiar with gacha, how do you feel about "gambling" in video games in other ways, such as lootboxes?
How do you feel about the "gacha" genre of video games that has come and swept the mobile market completely off its feet? In that scope, if you aren't familiar with gacha, how do you feel about "gambling" in video games in other ways, such as lootboxes?
Vizzed Elite
Former Admin

Last Active: 1 hour

11-25-21 06:49 AM
| ID: 1393890 | 211 Words

Allysa8th

Minuano : Oh I really like this question!! Honestly, they tend to really gross me out. I really dislike them on principle alone, due to their predatory practices. I understand you don't *need* to pay, with free rolls being gained via daily rewards and normal gameplay, but obviously you're shooting yourself in the leg by not doing so and everyone understands this.

Lootboxes I tend to separate from gacha games as something particularly more vile. Those are explicitly much more predatory and target those much weaker to gambling. They're almost always overdone too, emphasizing how bad of an issue they are.

I really hate how these features aren't being slapped down harder by the ESRB for what are actual, literal examples of gambling in video games, despite the fact that simulated gambling is enough to push the age rating up in normal games. This is why you haven't seen the casino areas in Pokemon games past the DS era. Or why Undertale is T on Xbox but E elsewhere, as it was an added feature there. It's effectively the same problem as cracking down on gun imagery without actually solving America's gun crisis. It only serves to push the problem out of people's minds while protecting those that contribute towards the problem.
Minuano : Oh I really like this question!! Honestly, they tend to really gross me out. I really dislike them on principle alone, due to their predatory practices. I understand you don't *need* to pay, with free rolls being gained via daily rewards and normal gameplay, but obviously you're shooting yourself in the leg by not doing so and everyone understands this.

Lootboxes I tend to separate from gacha games as something particularly more vile. Those are explicitly much more predatory and target those much weaker to gambling. They're almost always overdone too, emphasizing how bad of an issue they are.

I really hate how these features aren't being slapped down harder by the ESRB for what are actual, literal examples of gambling in video games, despite the fact that simulated gambling is enough to push the age rating up in normal games. This is why you haven't seen the casino areas in Pokemon games past the DS era. Or why Undertale is T on Xbox but E elsewhere, as it was an added feature there. It's effectively the same problem as cracking down on gun imagery without actually solving America's gun crisis. It only serves to push the problem out of people's minds while protecting those that contribute towards the problem.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: Minuano,

11-26-21 10:19 AM
| ID: 1393901 | 35 Words

skippercapt
Level: 51

POST EXP: 22574
LVL EXP: 951985
CP: 1489.2
VIZ: 125382

Allysa8th : Ok since I saw you had somewhat of a disdain for cowboy bebop, or just didn't enjoy it as much as the mainstream opinion said you should, which anime did you enjoy the most?
Allysa8th : Ok since I saw you had somewhat of a disdain for cowboy bebop, or just didn't enjoy it as much as the mainstream opinion said you should, which anime did you enjoy the most?
Trusted Member
Bible believing tactician magician.

Last Post: 1 day

11-26-21 12:30 PM
| ID: 1393903 | 301 Words

Allysa8th

skippercapt : Hmm, I'm not really sure honestly. I'm admittedly a bit of a casual anime fan, so I don't watch a whole lot of stuff. I've been trying to change that lately, but my ADHD really gets in the way of simply sitting down and watching something from beginning to end uninterrupted.

I really love the majority of Gainax's output, FLCL in particular being one of the most important anime for me as a whole. Coming of age media still hits really hard for me, and FLCL in particular approaches it with this very punk rock vibe that I just love. Maybe I'll rewatch it soon and do a bit of a write up in the recently watched anime thread. I feel like it's been too long for me to properly put into words just how much it means to me.

Obligatory Lucky Star.

I really love Hellsing Ultimate as well. It has practically everything I love in it. Gothic vibes? Check. Vampires? Check. Hype action? Another check. Hot women that I wish could shoot me in the face? Very check. There's even lesbians in it! It is peak Allysa-core. Everything about it just screams its way into my heart.

It also helps that it has one of my favourite tropes in Japanese media, the "Church Militant" trope. Any time the church is hyper militarized in a modern day setting to fight against supernatural evils-- bonus points if they're fighting ALONGSIDE supernatural beings--, it just ends up being the coolest stuff ever. This, Devil May Cry 4, Castlevania, Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, etc etc etc. Even one of my favourite yuri mangas does this stuff! You really know you're about to have a great time when the anime or game you're jumping into starts throwing around religious imagery without a care.
skippercapt : Hmm, I'm not really sure honestly. I'm admittedly a bit of a casual anime fan, so I don't watch a whole lot of stuff. I've been trying to change that lately, but my ADHD really gets in the way of simply sitting down and watching something from beginning to end uninterrupted.

I really love the majority of Gainax's output, FLCL in particular being one of the most important anime for me as a whole. Coming of age media still hits really hard for me, and FLCL in particular approaches it with this very punk rock vibe that I just love. Maybe I'll rewatch it soon and do a bit of a write up in the recently watched anime thread. I feel like it's been too long for me to properly put into words just how much it means to me.

Obligatory Lucky Star.

I really love Hellsing Ultimate as well. It has practically everything I love in it. Gothic vibes? Check. Vampires? Check. Hype action? Another check. Hot women that I wish could shoot me in the face? Very check. There's even lesbians in it! It is peak Allysa-core. Everything about it just screams its way into my heart.

It also helps that it has one of my favourite tropes in Japanese media, the "Church Militant" trope. Any time the church is hyper militarized in a modern day setting to fight against supernatural evils-- bonus points if they're fighting ALONGSIDE supernatural beings--, it just ends up being the coolest stuff ever. This, Devil May Cry 4, Castlevania, Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, etc etc etc. Even one of my favourite yuri mangas does this stuff! You really know you're about to have a great time when the anime or game you're jumping into starts throwing around religious imagery without a care.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Post Rating: 1   Liked By: skippercapt,

11-26-21 02:00 PM
| ID: 1393906 | 8 Words

Level: 50

POST EXP: 34029
LVL EXP: 906678
CP: 2578.4
VIZ: 63684

What is something you're currently looking forward to?
What is something you're currently looking forward to?
Trusted Member
I AM THE LIZARD QUEEN

Last Post: 12 days
Last Active: 10 days

11-26-21 07:00 PM
| ID: 1393908 | 152 Words

Allysa8th

plasticinsanity : I'm... Not sure, to be quite honest. Between my depression and a lifestyle that consists of living from moment to moment, I very rarely ever look towards the future or think about tomorrow.

I guess just getting paid in 2 weeks right now. Then I can finally eat more than the absolute bare minimum for the first time in a long while. I can also buy some alcohol then too finally, and pay my rent.

I guess I'm also looking forward to Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I've been trying to not think about it much while dealing with everything else lately. There's also season 2 of Arcane, the recent Netflix series based off the League of Legends series which was shockingly amazing, but that's coming in about... 2023. So it's best for me to forget about it until then.

I hope this post wasn't too gloomy, I apologize if it was.
plasticinsanity : I'm... Not sure, to be quite honest. Between my depression and a lifestyle that consists of living from moment to moment, I very rarely ever look towards the future or think about tomorrow.

I guess just getting paid in 2 weeks right now. Then I can finally eat more than the absolute bare minimum for the first time in a long while. I can also buy some alcohol then too finally, and pay my rent.

I guess I'm also looking forward to Pokemon Legends Arceus, but I've been trying to not think about it much while dealing with everything else lately. There's also season 2 of Arcane, the recent Netflix series based off the League of Legends series which was shockingly amazing, but that's coming in about... 2023. So it's best for me to forget about it until then.

I hope this post wasn't too gloomy, I apologize if it was.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

11-30-21 07:01 AM
| ID: 1393920 | 108 Words

LuckyCharms
Level: 51

POST EXP: 44534
LVL EXP: 958421
CP: 642.6
VIZ: 5732

Since I saw that you are looking forward to Pokemon Legends Arceus I was wondering what are your thoughts on the recent pokemon games from XY onwards? People feel that they are becoming too easy while I can see where they are coming from to an extent I still feel that it's always been more about enjoying the journey itself rather than overcoming the hardships along the way while I enjoy the challenge of the older games I also remember spending hours on hours grinding levels I tend to not really have time for that anymore so I've been enjoying the laid back pace with the occasional challenge.
Since I saw that you are looking forward to Pokemon Legends Arceus I was wondering what are your thoughts on the recent pokemon games from XY onwards? People feel that they are becoming too easy while I can see where they are coming from to an extent I still feel that it's always been more about enjoying the journey itself rather than overcoming the hardships along the way while I enjoy the challenge of the older games I also remember spending hours on hours grinding levels I tend to not really have time for that anymore so I've been enjoying the laid back pace with the occasional challenge.
Trusted Member
TheWeebxP

Last Post: 8 days
Last Active: 8 days

11-30-21 03:09 PM
| ID: 1393980 | 687 Words

Allysa8th

LuckyCharms : Lmao, I feel like you sort of stole my own answer, in a way. But yeah, I really totally agree! I love the easy-fication of the newer Pokemon games honestly. I've always really loved the series, and this shift has only made it easier for me to maintain that level of passion over time.

While I may be able to find the time, for me it's more about how I want to spend that time. Grinding is never how I want to spend my time in any RPG. It's why I play games like Final Fantasy with god mode mods on usually, at least where I'm able to. I just want to have a fun time, and having to go through the arduous task of leveling up each team member while I don't even use them that often just felt like such a waste of time to me.

However, all of that said... I'm not a big fan of the newer games, hahah.

So going backwards, I really loved Galar/SwSh honestly. The region was just the epitome of comfort for me. Like, yup, that's an England. Seen it myself. Can confirm, lmao. The second half of the game was a bit of an unfortunate slog and none of the new Pokemon really screamed out to me, but otherwise just a lovely game that I think gets a lot of undeserved hate.

I never finished Sun and Moon nor have I ever even started Ultra Sun and Moon. I don't know, I just can't get into them. I was really excited around their announcement. I really wanted this more rural Hawaiian environment that felt reminiscent of the original concept art for the games, but in the end it felt like I both got more of the same and just something totally foreign to what I loved about the games. It felt like they were trying to copy the style of recent Pokemon inspired games as opposed to simply being new Pokemon games, which made it feel really unappealing to me.

X and Y felt like a bad first step into the 3DS era to me. I get there were some 3D growing pains and the dev cycle for the franchise means that they didn't get as much time as they should have with production, but the end result was lackluster even with that taken into account. It felt like a really neutered experience compared to everything the franchise was building up towards till then, and the washed out dull look of the game removed any remaining charm it would have otherwise had for me.

As for the remakes, I vastly prefer BDSP over ORAS. At times, ORAS felt like it was almost embarrassed at the idea of being a remake. It was trying so hard to shake things up and create an identity of its own that it sort of forgot what made the original Hoenn games so beloved by fans despite otherwise being the same game, relatively speaking. The lack of Emerald upgrades in particular really soured the whole experience for me as well, and the Delta episode really wasn't that great aside from finally going into space (speaking from the perspective of someone that totally bought the Mossdeep Space Station rumors back when the games originally released, lol).

BDSP so far has been really charming though. I love the chibi aesthetic, I love the options for cute clothes (even if I prefer to mix and match my stuff normally), I love the music, how 1:1 it is for the most part, etc. etc. I would have preferred it to have some more Platinum content. Specifically I feel that the snowy aesthetic to Sinnoh really fit the region much better than the typical plain look, but I can live without it. Platinum is still right there. It's not going anywhere. I can theoretically have my cake and eat it too, in this scenario. I'm not finished with it just yet though and I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers, so hopefully there'll be some really neat surprises in store for later on in the game!
LuckyCharms : Lmao, I feel like you sort of stole my own answer, in a way. But yeah, I really totally agree! I love the easy-fication of the newer Pokemon games honestly. I've always really loved the series, and this shift has only made it easier for me to maintain that level of passion over time.

While I may be able to find the time, for me it's more about how I want to spend that time. Grinding is never how I want to spend my time in any RPG. It's why I play games like Final Fantasy with god mode mods on usually, at least where I'm able to. I just want to have a fun time, and having to go through the arduous task of leveling up each team member while I don't even use them that often just felt like such a waste of time to me.

However, all of that said... I'm not a big fan of the newer games, hahah.

So going backwards, I really loved Galar/SwSh honestly. The region was just the epitome of comfort for me. Like, yup, that's an England. Seen it myself. Can confirm, lmao. The second half of the game was a bit of an unfortunate slog and none of the new Pokemon really screamed out to me, but otherwise just a lovely game that I think gets a lot of undeserved hate.

I never finished Sun and Moon nor have I ever even started Ultra Sun and Moon. I don't know, I just can't get into them. I was really excited around their announcement. I really wanted this more rural Hawaiian environment that felt reminiscent of the original concept art for the games, but in the end it felt like I both got more of the same and just something totally foreign to what I loved about the games. It felt like they were trying to copy the style of recent Pokemon inspired games as opposed to simply being new Pokemon games, which made it feel really unappealing to me.

X and Y felt like a bad first step into the 3DS era to me. I get there were some 3D growing pains and the dev cycle for the franchise means that they didn't get as much time as they should have with production, but the end result was lackluster even with that taken into account. It felt like a really neutered experience compared to everything the franchise was building up towards till then, and the washed out dull look of the game removed any remaining charm it would have otherwise had for me.

As for the remakes, I vastly prefer BDSP over ORAS. At times, ORAS felt like it was almost embarrassed at the idea of being a remake. It was trying so hard to shake things up and create an identity of its own that it sort of forgot what made the original Hoenn games so beloved by fans despite otherwise being the same game, relatively speaking. The lack of Emerald upgrades in particular really soured the whole experience for me as well, and the Delta episode really wasn't that great aside from finally going into space (speaking from the perspective of someone that totally bought the Mossdeep Space Station rumors back when the games originally released, lol).

BDSP so far has been really charming though. I love the chibi aesthetic, I love the options for cute clothes (even if I prefer to mix and match my stuff normally), I love the music, how 1:1 it is for the most part, etc. etc. I would have preferred it to have some more Platinum content. Specifically I feel that the snowy aesthetic to Sinnoh really fit the region much better than the typical plain look, but I can live without it. Platinum is still right there. It's not going anywhere. I can theoretically have my cake and eat it too, in this scenario. I'm not finished with it just yet though and I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers, so hopefully there'll be some really neat surprises in store for later on in the game!
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

12-01-21 12:25 PM
| ID: 1393989 | 42 Words

becerra95
Level: 88

POST EXP: 88809
LVL EXP: 6427320
CP: 6145.1
VIZ: 220165

Why ignore my previous question? You think you’re above me? Bruh

What’s your thoughts about gaming in terms of advancement? You prefer the simpler mechanics of gaming back then or prefer the more complex system some games offer (more leaning towards rpg’s)
Why ignore my previous question? You think you’re above me? Bruh

What’s your thoughts about gaming in terms of advancement? You prefer the simpler mechanics of gaming back then or prefer the more complex system some games offer (more leaning towards rpg’s)
Vizzed Elite
I am well too endowed with my morals

Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Last Post: 11 hours
Last Active: 5 hours

12-06-21 09:38 AM
| ID: 1394054 | 328 Words

Allysa8th

becerra95 : Oh, I apologize! I thought you were just making a joke post. Hello, I'm Allysa! I joined not too long ago, happy to be here!

"What’s your thoughts about gaming in terms of advancement? You prefer the simpler mechanics of gaming back then or prefer the more complex system some games offer (more leaning towards rpg’s)"

That's a really tricky question honestly. I think overall I prefer the "simpler mechanics of gaming back then," with "back then" limiting itself to the PS2/early PS3 era. I'm a little biased as I've never been a big fan of games pre-PS2 for a variety of reasons, PS1 era having at least a few exceptions here and there, but I think the PS2 era really hit the sweet spot when it came to game mechanics. It always felt like they really understood what they wanted their games to feel like and how best to approach that concept, such as in Metal Gear Solid 3.

I feels to me like game devs lately are trying too hard to provide the idea of the golden $60 value, and in the end use their overwhelming amount of weird mechanics to overcompensate for something that wasn't exactly a problem going in. For example, using crafting elements to bloat the game and add more artificial difficulty through item scarcity. As a result, these games end up providing a product that to me feels a bit half baked and not entirely sure of what it's trying to do or be.

Evil Within 2 is a game I really wanted to enjoy. The trailers really hooked me in despite how much I really didn't like the first game. Unfortunately, I eventually dropped it because of exactly the type of issue mentioned above. The overwhelming amount of mechanics, especially survival mechanics, and the forceful need to constantly interact with them really distracted me from the core experience and made the game feel like a complete slog to play through.
becerra95 : Oh, I apologize! I thought you were just making a joke post. Hello, I'm Allysa! I joined not too long ago, happy to be here!

"What’s your thoughts about gaming in terms of advancement? You prefer the simpler mechanics of gaming back then or prefer the more complex system some games offer (more leaning towards rpg’s)"

That's a really tricky question honestly. I think overall I prefer the "simpler mechanics of gaming back then," with "back then" limiting itself to the PS2/early PS3 era. I'm a little biased as I've never been a big fan of games pre-PS2 for a variety of reasons, PS1 era having at least a few exceptions here and there, but I think the PS2 era really hit the sweet spot when it came to game mechanics. It always felt like they really understood what they wanted their games to feel like and how best to approach that concept, such as in Metal Gear Solid 3.

I feels to me like game devs lately are trying too hard to provide the idea of the golden $60 value, and in the end use their overwhelming amount of weird mechanics to overcompensate for something that wasn't exactly a problem going in. For example, using crafting elements to bloat the game and add more artificial difficulty through item scarcity. As a result, these games end up providing a product that to me feels a bit half baked and not entirely sure of what it's trying to do or be.

Evil Within 2 is a game I really wanted to enjoy. The trailers really hooked me in despite how much I really didn't like the first game. Unfortunately, I eventually dropped it because of exactly the type of issue mentioned above. The overwhelming amount of mechanics, especially survival mechanics, and the forceful need to constantly interact with them really distracted me from the core experience and made the game feel like a complete slog to play through.
Global Moderator
Rage & Love

Links

Adblocker detected!

Vizzed.com is very expensive to keep alive! The Ads pay for the servers.

Vizzed has 3 TB worth of games and 1 TB worth of music.  This site is free to use but the ads barely pay for the monthly server fees.  If too many more people use ad block, the site cannot survive.

We prioritize the community over the site profits.  This is why we avoid using annoying (but high paying) ads like most other sites which include popups, obnoxious sounds and animations, malware, and other forms of intrusiveness.  We'll do our part to never resort to these types of ads, please do your part by helping support this site by adding Vizzed.com to your ad blocking whitelist.