Register  |  Login Retro Game Room  |  Board  |  Downloads  |  Memberlist  |  Video Game Room Staff  |  About Us  |  Help Center  
  Views: 1,237,084,916     09-19-14 02:48 AM  

Play Pokemon Light Platinum Online
• New region: Zhery • New Leaders and Elite Four • New Rivals • Pokémon of all Regions (Johto, Kanto, Hoen, Sinnoh) • New way to travel between areas • All Pokemon Legendary • All new sprites • All new events • All new tiles • New final event: Pokemon World Championship! System: gba
Wesley FG

Rating: 9.6
Click Here for More Info
Pokemon Light Platinum Ratings
Overall Graphics Sound Addictiveness Depth Story Difficulty
Average User Score 9.6 9 8.2 9.4 9.1 8.8 6.3
grim creaper's Score 9.4 9 7 9 10 8 6
Pokemon Light Platinum Review

Pokemon Light Platinum: Pokemon Light Platinum Review
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread

Posted on 08-01-12 09:54 AM grim creaper is Offline     Post: 603 words - (ID: 627246) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
grim creaper
Level: 7

POST EXP: 1785
LVL EXP: 1312
CP: 67.3
VIZ: 15129
I have nothing better to do so I guess I'll write a review for this game.  I'll start of with describing the graphics.

I rated the Graphics as a 9 because compared to a majority of the other games, their pretty decent.  Most of the hacks I've played use very similar graphics, and it makes for a semi-boring game, but the graphics on here at least make the game play a bit more interesting.  I don't really pay attention to shades or what different tiles are so I can't really give this section a great review... The reason I didn't rate this section as a 10, is because the graphics are still a little bit buggy.  I remember in one town, there was a building where it would look as if you're standing on the roof instead of behind the building.  

Sound... I rated this a 7, because as far as I could tell it just copied the music of the gba games.  Not that the sounds on the gba games are bad, but after playing the Pokémon series for countless years the sounds get old after awhile... I would have liked to see an upgrade to the sound in this hack, but extra content added makes up for everything.  Besides, I fast forwarded for most of the game.

Addictiveness... It's a fairly addictive game.  Anybody who has played and beaten Pokémon Emerald will enjoy this game.  It's kind of like the Gold/Silver/Crystal versions combined with Emerald.  There's not much to do after you beat the World Championship...  But there is an entire second region, complete with 8 gyms and a new, stronger elite four to beat.  

I rated the story as an 8 because it's not much different from the typical Pokémon game.  Set out on a quest to beat Gym Leaders, get badges, fight your rivals numerous times, beat the Elite 4, become the champion... All the while attempting to stop a gang of villains from accomplishing their sinister plots.  However, Team Steam had a new goal compared to the other villains in the gba games, and there's an entire second region to explore, so that's why I rated this an 8.

The Depth category of this game is DEFINETLY rated a 10.  This game clearly took a long time to make.  The elite four of the second region seems like a more powerful version of the first regions elite four... But they have a few different Pokémon on their teams.  The world championship has 7 rounds and can't be healed in between them... There are a ton of rivals in this game, I think at least 3 or 4.  The gyms are all unique, with new layouts and customized teams.  Pokémon are available from all generations, including every possible legendary known to man (Although a majority of them can only be caught after defeating the second region's elite four)...  Can't really think of anything else to add to this category.  It took me 2 days of nearly non-stop play to actually beat this game.

As for a little side note I'd like to add... This game is without a doubt worth looking into.  The only downside is it has a tendency to glitch up if you use the in game save and reset your game...  I would recommend sticking with save states, I never had a single issue with this game.  The only glitches I encountered were beneficial ones (Nearly unlimited masterballs, a way to rematch one of the trainers, etc.).  Oh, and several towns in the second region can't be flown to, even after you visit their Pokémon Centers.

Caterpie

Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Member
Since: 07-27-12
Last Post: 419 days
Last Active: 164 days

Sponsor

Posted on 08-01-12 10:01 AM thenumberone is Offline     Post: 84 words - (ID: 627251) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
thenumberone
Level: 117

POST EXP: 346028
LVL EXP: 17370789
CP: 4049.2
VIZ: 265470
Did you not get a glitch after saving beating the elite 4?
I was under the impression that in order to keep playing after the elite 4 you HAD to use the in game saves, not the save state?

I used to play the pokemon games all the time, but i got bored with how they all seem the same.
Same guy with fossils, same kinda towns, same idea (2 legendarys), just different pokemon.
Hacks add a worthwhile element but not enough for me.

Bleeding Heart Liberal
Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Position: Elite
Since: 03-22-11
Last Post: 16 hours
Last Active: 8 hours

Posted on 08-01-12 10:18 AM grim creaper is Offline     Post: 108 words - Spell checked - (ID: 627255) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
grim creaper

POST EXP: 1785
LVL EXP: 1312
CP: 67.3
VIZ: 15129
I didn't come across any glitch with the elite four.  I fought the first region's elite four numerous times in order to train my Pokémon.  I haven't heard anything about having to save in game after beating them.  As for this hack, each town is set up differently, there's more legendaries, Pokémon from all of the current games (Including black and white), and fossils are given out by some random guys spread out throughout the game.  I understand the boredom factor, but lately I've had a thing for playing the hacks.  I can't really explain it.  Sometimes I'm just feeling like playing a classic from my childhood

Caterpie

Affected by 'Laziness'

Since: 07-27-12
Last Post: 419 days
Last Active: 164 days

Posted on 08-01-12 02:51 PM Karai is Offline     Post: 10 words - Spell checked - (ID: 627416) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
Karai

POST EXP: 381
LVL EXP: 1152
CP: 0.0
VIZ: 2356
Sounds pretty cool. I might try playing this one sometime.

Micro-Goomba

Affected by 'Laziness'

Since: 12-26-11
Last Post: 778 days
Last Active: 778 days

Posted on 10-19-12 04:17 AM VaradDude630 is Offline     Post: 46 words - (ID: 675145) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
VaradDude630
Level: 55

POST EXP: 34421
LVL EXP: 1294279
CP: 658.6
VIZ: 5385
The game is good,just like Emerald Version.But when we attack,we cannot see it,so while speeding up,it might be confusing that who did attack who didn't.But the new generation Pokemon are cool,I caught Giratina and won the Elite 4,but couldn't qualify the Zheri Champion.
Ok thanks LOL

Grimer
I am Master Cobalt! BWA HA HA HA!
Affected by 'Laziness'

Position:
Since: 05-06-12
Last Post: 466 days
Last Active: 466 days

Posted on 10-19-12 09:29 AM lilace78 is Offline     Post: 4 words - Spell checked - (ID: 675207) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
lilace78
Level: 17

POST EXP: 2699
LVL EXP: 20667
CP: 89.9
VIZ: 1859
I never played it

Arbok
I'm as good as Red don't challenge me I will totally ruin you
Affected by 'Laziness'

Since: 08-05-12