Register  |  Login Retro Game Room  |  Board  |  Downloads  |  Memberlist  |  Video Game Room Staff  |  About Us  |  Help Center  
  Views: 1,280,608,892     10-30-14 09:29 AM  

Play Sonic Battle Online
Who would win in a fight--Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles? You determine the answer in Sonic Battle, a game that pits Sonic and his friends against each other in furious arena combat. The game features eight playable characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, plus one mystery fighter to unlock. With three types of special attacks and ground, aerial, and defense fighting techniques, you can customize your character to suit your fighting style. Up to four friends can link their systems together using the Game Boy Advance Game Link cable for team battles, and then combine special attacks into devastating combos. System: gba
Sonic Team
THQ Inc.
Rating: 9.2
Click Here for More Info
Sonic Battle Ratings
Overall Graphics Sound Addictiveness Depth Story Difficulty
Average User Score 9.2 8.3 7.2 6.9 7.7 7.8 6.3
ddeltaroxx's Score 8 7 8 9 8 9 7
ddeltaroxx review's

Sonic Battle: ddeltaroxx review's
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread

Posted on 02-24-12 10:49 AM ddeltaroxx is Offline     Post: 466 words - Spell checked - (ID: 545753) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
ddeltaroxx
Level: 22

POST EXP: 4888
LVL EXP: 50028
CP: 49.5
VIZ: 9837
First I should say that people are entitled to their opinions but I think low rating people obviously spend too much time playing the Xbox 360 or PS3 and don't know how hard it is to make a game like this for the GBA. Now with the rant out of the way lets get reviewing.

it starts off plain and simple sonic finds Emerl on a Beach and takes it to Miles (Tails) Prowler's lab for a bit of testing and training. After that the game picks up a bit.

Combat: I liked how these guys put a 3D fied into a GBA. I also liked how each character as different moves and how Emerl can copy and use your favorite characters moves (Shadow Fan). What is interesting to me is the special moves system, yea sure every fighting game has some sort of special move system but it isn't restricted to 1 move but 2. The block special also gives puts a bit of luck and guessing into selecting your moves. Healing is also a nice touch to the game. Low on health an waiting for you opponent to re spawn? Heal and last a bit longer

Characters: It's sonic related, nothing new.

Sound: well nothing too interesting but the BGM for the fighting is enjoyable.

Controls: Fairly simple controls up moves north, south moves south, and so on. The D-Pad is also used to go straight for the Power hit or strike a poor fool that's trying to attack from behind.

Difficulty: Some battles are hard then others obviously. HOWEVER that doesn't mean it's a straight forward difficulty rise. For example I found a Sonic story fight that was Harder then a Rouge story fight. Now that isn't always a bad thing, it forces you to use your brain a little more and plan your next move.

Graphics: if you've Played (or watched someone play) Pokémon Black/White (and I'm talking about the battles not the world walking) then you know how the graphics look

what haven't we touched on??? Oh right how fun it is.

Addictiveness: It's a Fighting type game (as the name implies) and lots of fun and is better with friends. I would recommend digging out your old GBA or GBA SP and get this game if you know someone who has the game and play with them.

Well I hope you enjoyed my review. Now you might be thinking "but wait he forgot to do more about the story" well my keyboard has issues with the RGR plugin, I don't have a PC controller, my data was deleted (I'm going off of memory) and I'm to lazy to write more (hey at least I was honest). This has been ddeltaroxx reviews and I'm ddeltaroxx signing off (too much TV XD)

Nidoran

Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Member
Since: 02-23-11
Last Post: 307 days
Last Active: 8 days
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread
Vizzed Board - Game Reviews
Sonic Battle: ddeltaroxx review's
| |

Site Info  Sponsor  
  Vizzed.com © was created, designed, coded by & is property of: