Register  |  Login Retro Game Room  |  Board  |  Downloads  |  Memberlist  |  Video Game Room Staff  |  About Us  |  Help Center  
  Views: 1,059,139,631     04-21-14 12:07 AM  

Healthy Tips #1,2 And 3

Thread closed

Healthy Tips #1,2 And 3
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread

Posted on 02-04-12 01:29 PM Chart is Offline     Post: 204 words - (ID: 539678) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link
Chart
Level: 15

POST EXP: 1806
LVL EXP: 14538
CP: 129.8
VIZ: 17100
 Here Are Some Tips For Vegetariansrotein has many important functions in the body and is essential for growth and maintenance. Protein needs can easily be met by eating a variety of plant-based foods. Combining different protein sources in the same meal is not necessary. Sources of protein for vegetarians and vegans include beans, nuts, nut butters, peas, and soy products (tofu, tempeh, veggie burgers). Milk products and eggs are also good protein.Calcium is used for building bones and teeth and in maintaining bone strength. Sources of calcium for vegetarians and vegans include calcium-fortified soymilk, calcium-fortified breakfast cereals and orange juice, tofu made with calcium sulfate, and some dark-green leafy vegetables (collard greens, turnip greens, bok choy, mustard greens). The amount of calcium that can be absorbed from these foods varies. Consuming enough plant foods to meet calcium needs may be unrealistic for many. Milk products are excellent calcium sources for lacto vegetarians. Calcium supplements are another potential source.Vitamin B12 is found in animal products and some fortified foods. Sources of vitamin B12 for vegetarians include milk products, eggs, and foods that have been fortified with vitamin B12. These include breakfast cereals, soymilk, veggie burgers, and nutritional yeast.And Think You To choosemyplate.gov For The Tips.

Former Human
Supreme Overlord
Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Member
Since: 05-03-11
Last Post: 1 day
Last Active: 1 day

Sponsor

Posted on 02-05-12 08:55 AM warmaker is Offline     Post: 28 words - (ID: 540062) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link
warmaker
Level: 67

POST EXP: 159841
LVL EXP: 2588495
CP: 1444.6
VIZ: 32249
Or you can do what my wife did and declare cows and chickens plants.  I think I read something in The Onion about that.

Beef.... tasty, tasty vegetable.

Mancubus

Trusted Member
Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Position: Trusted
Since: 05-02-10
Last Post: 5 hours
Last Active: 5 hours

Posted on 02-08-12 07:54 PM rcarter2 is Offline     Post: 115 words - (ID: 541125) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link
rcarter2
Level: 127

POST EXP: 695963
LVL EXP: 23424927
CP: 25947.5
VIZ: 910704
It can be very difficult for vegetarians to get what they need. I know a lot of them who don't even really factor in protein in their diet. They just focus on making sure what they are eating is not meat. But being vegan is so much more difficult. You mentioned things like milk products and eggs for protein, but vegans do that. Not only do they not eat animal meat, they do not eat things made from animals such as milk based things (cheese, yogurts, etc) or eggs. So protein is not the only concern for them as far as getting adequate nutrition. I couldn't do it. I'll just continue to eat organic meat. 

Star Mario
Dominating RGR Competition Hall of Fame Table!
Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Position: Local
Role: Game Reviewer

Since: 05-01-11
Last Post: 2 hours
Last Active: 2 hours
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread
Vizzed Board - Health / Fitness / Science - Health
Healthy Tips #1,2 And 3
| | Thread closed

Site Info  Sponsor  
  Vizzed.com © was created, designed, coded by & is property of: