Register  |  Login Retro Game Room  |  Board  |  Downloads  |  Memberlist  |  Video Game Room Staff  |  About Us  |  Help Center  
  Views: 1,281,178,474     10-31-14 01:16 AM  

Play Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards Online
Kirby\'s adventure for the Nintendo 64 is a polygonal side-scroller similar to Klonoa - however, unlike Klonoa, the game only follows one set path instead of multiple branching paths. In this game, Kirby can still copy the abilities of his foes - but in addition to this, he can combine these abilities with others to make unique combinations. (For one example, combining electricity and ice will turn Kirby into a fridge that spits out food.) The story begins with Dark Matter assaulting a faraway land for their special crystal. A young fairy called Ribbon takes the crystal and escapes to save it. She lands in Dream Land, but pieces of the crystal have shattered and landed all across the world. Kirby volunteers to help and together they go to find all the missing pieces. Kirby will encounter his friends, who have been controlled by Dark Matter. He\'ll have to battle them to rescue them. From there, they travel together to other different worlds, including Rock Star, Water Star, and Ripple Star, Ribbon\'s home world, where Dark Matter is lurking. To properly finish the game, players must find all the hidden crystal shards tucked away in the various levels. Only then will Kirby and his friends truly save Ripple Star. System: n64
HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Nintendo of America Inc.
Rating: 8.8
Click Here for More Info
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards Ratings
Overall Graphics Sound Addictiveness Depth Story Difficulty
Average User Score 8.8 8.7 9.1 8.5 7.4 7.6 5.8
Pretty awesome Kirby game

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards: Pretty awesome Kirby game
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread

Posted on 06-25-11 11:12 PM pacman1755 is Offline     Post: 389 words - (ID: 412585) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
pacman1755
Level: 158

POST EXP: 420428
LVL EXP: 49673935
CP: 25935.3
VIZ: 87569
In this review, I am going to review Kirby 64, I enjoyed this game, so let's begin.
DIFFICULTY: 7
The game isn't that hard, but it does has some challenges so its not too easy. It has some secrets to move on to a real ending so its hard to collect the items known as Crystal Shards.

DEPTH: 8
There is a lot to do if you look to beat the game 100%, but not too much to do, but there is quite a few worlds with about 4 or 5 levels each with it, so it has its length. Big but not too big.

STORY: 7
It's not that big of a story, but there is a story here, the story is that a Fairy falls from the sky and meets Kirby, she needs Kirby's help to help destroy the darkness in the Galaxy. Kirby can't beat the darkness alone, so he recruits his friends and even his enemy, King Dedede. Together they team up to fight for peace in their galaxy and home land.

ADDICTIVENESS: 9
The game is pretty fun to play, I enjoy playing this, especially the minigame between worlds, where Kirby jumps on the Picnic blanket and attempts to grab items or health. The powerups you can mash up is fun too, you can take a powerup from one enemy Kirby swallows and throw it to another enemy to create a new power. I love it.

Sound: 9
Sound effects are pretty good in this game, not the best I've ever heard but I like the music most of all, pretty catchy and it gets stuck in your head after you spend a long time playing the same world for a while. Sound FX were good, but music I like more.

Graphics: 10!
I really was impressed with the graphics in this game, it had a 3D feeling to it, and I enjoyed it, the variety of graphic colors, backgrounds, and projectiles were excellent. I loved their effort on this.

Overall: 9.6
My final verdict of this game, Kirby 64, is an impressive 9.6, it has a few flaws, but I really enjoyed the game in its entirety. I would definately suggest you to go on to the RGR and play this game right now. It will impress you.

Thank you for reading

Wendy Koopa
Winner of The August VCS 2011 and December VCS 2013
Affected by 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Position: Elite
Since: 05-22-11
Last Post: 4 hours
Last Active: 3 hours
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread
Vizzed Board - Game Reviews - Nintendo 64
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards: Pretty awesome Kirby game
| |