This hack is an addendum to the Rockman Exhaust
hack. The original hack by DHI is overall very fun, but unfortunately, it has several issues that are more or less game breaking. This hack attempts to fix these issues in order to make the game more enjoyable.
Here’s a list of what’s changed from the original hack:
1) Flashman - Removed 1 single block from the last room in the laser beam section. You can now make it through without having to do the pixel perfect and perfectly timed jump to make it through at the end of the set. Also added 1-up and weapon power-up at checkpoint before the laser beam section.
2) Metalman - Fixed boss gate so you won’t be forced out of the boss room during the fight anymore.
3) Fixed various locations in Wily stages and one instance in Crashman’s stage where you could get ’stuck’ and be forced to reset if you don’t have items 1/2/3 or if you don’t have enough energy for them.
4) Fixed various locations where there is unavoidable enemy damage. There are still areas that are seemingly unavoidable from enemy damage but you can actually kill the enemies or pass them without getting damaged, these are left intact and were not removed.
5) The text ‘PASS WORD’ is now changed to ‘PASSWORD’.