|Pokemon Fire Red - Generations (v1.5) Review by: Razor-987
Pokemon fire red generations review
This game is a hack off of the original Pokémon fire red, I think that this is a very well made hack and it is much better than the original because there is a lot added to this game to make it more exciting and also a lot different and unique in many ways which I think makes the game even better. I enjoyed every bit of this game and I think it is a very exciting play as well with the amount of stuff you can do. So I hope you can give this game a try because it is definitely worth your time! Now then, onto the review!
The graphics of this game are pretty standard and basic for your average Pokémon games and these graphics are the same as the ones from the original Pokémon fire red. The graphics are pretty good and they differentiate from the original because you can't go back to pewter town unless you have the Hm fly, but in this version there are areas that let you go between towns which can come in handy so you don't have to rely on the hm to get back to an area. I scored the graphics a 10 because Pokémon graphics are really good and clear, and I have always liked fire red's graphics and this game is slightly different than the original which makes it unique in some ways which I think separates it from other games because there are special areas in the game where you can train your Pokémon. As usual the sprites and scenery of this game are really breathtaking and everything looks really nice and there was a lot of effort put in to making these graphics very good quality.
The music is also pretty much the same and I think that if it was changed up a bit, than it would be more worthy of a 10. But nevertheless I always see the music from Pokémon games as fun and they make the game more exciting as they make you get more in the mood of playing the game. The music is nice, relaxing and it fits into the setting of the game as you walk into different areas and explore the vast world of Pokémon. I like the music and I appreciate it, it does bring back memories when you play, but after a while you kind of get used to it, I think if the basic music is changed in some way to make it more appealing and different, I would score it a 10 but it is the same standard music. But it is like I always say, it is better than having a silent game with no music at all, so that is why I scored the sound an 8.
All Pokémon games are, they are addicting and after you explore the game and get interested and beat the game, you will want to play it again. I found this game to be very addicting and I put hours of my day and dedicated them to playing this game. There is just a lot to do in this game, you can collect all of the starters up to generation 4, you can train your Pokémon, (I always ev train mine.) There is just a lot in this game that contributes to making it so addicting. There is a lot to prepare for and do in this game, in my opinion, that is what makes a good Pokémon game, but this hack in particular goes above and beyond with the amount of stuff there is to do. I scored the addictiveness a 10 because with the amount of time you dedicate into this game and how interesting it becomes, you will become highly likely to play it again. There is just a lot of content in this game that contribute to making it addicting, the training, collecting the Pokémon and the pokedex and preparing your team for the elite 4 are all factors that contribute to making the game awesome and addicting.
The story is simple and it never really changes that much, but team rocket will try to interfere with your progress and they will show up occasionally. You are trainer Red and you have a dream of becoming the master of Pokémon, and in this game, Gary is your rival and you go against him in the championships for the title of Pokémon champion. I like the story in this game and I think that it is pretty good overall. I just think that a little development or a change in the plot or setting of the game is all that is needed for a Pokémon game or hack to get a 10 for the story, just something a little unexpected or different is all it needs, but overall the story is pretty good and I scored it a 9 because Pokémon storylines are always pretty exciting regardless.
This game offers a lot for you to do, after beating the e4 you can re battle gyms and do things a second time to continue training your Pokémon which I think is really cool. There is just a lot to accomplish in regular Pokémon games, let alone hacks. I played this game for about a month before finishing it, but it was totally worth it though. I always think that if you put time, and dedication into training your Pokémon, it will really pay off because with proper training and a well balanced team, you can do very well in this game. I think it is important not to rush into these things because you will find yourself unprepared and it just isn't worth rushing through the game to fail later, so proper training takes time and patience, but it is worth it. I EV train my Pokémon and they never fail to impress me. So good training is the key to success in Pokémon games. I scored the depth an 8 because you can collect all the starters in the game up to generation 4 and beat the elite 4 and re battle gyms and trainers a second time, so there is a lot to do in this game.
The game is fairly challenging, the trainers in this game are not easy pushovers like in the original, all of them have highly leveled well trained Pokémon, that is why i stress that you take the time to train your Pokémon well so you can be prepared. The trainers and gyms are significantly harder, but with a good, well balanced team, you can get through it without to much trouble, just do a good job teaching your Pokémon and leveling them up for this. The game is not extremely difficult, it is just a little harder than regular Pokémon games to make it more challenging and exciting to play. Most of my Pokémon are about level 60-90 or so and I have yet to reach a level 100 Pokémon, but they are pretty close. It took me about a few weeks to beat this game, but it wasn't hard. I am sure I could've done it quicker. Overall I scored the difficulty a 7 because if you are an experienced Pokémon trainer, you know what to expect and it shouldn't come as a surprise to you.
This game was a really awesome play and I enjoyed it all the way through. There are a lot of changes and differences between this game and the original version. The moves are changed in power, and there are just a lot of small differences in this game that make it awesome and different to play. I think this game is for those who like challenges and like seeing an improvement from the original Pokémon game itself. This is the game for you, there is just a lot to do and cover, but I enjoyed it 100% and I guarantee that this game will leave you with hours of exciting gameplay. It is definitely worth playing and I like this game a lot and I am certain to play it again in the future!
So what did you think? I put a lot of effort into making this review, and I would really appreciate your honest feedback and comments or anything you have to say about the game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I hope you enjoyed it and you are willing to give this game a try! Please rate and comment below!
Graphics 10 Sound 8 Addictive 10 Depth 8 Story 9 Difficulty 7
Pokemon Fire Red - Generations (v1.5) Description: This will be similar to Suicune™'s previous Fire Red entries with extra features added in to make the game much more enjoyable and prolonged! As always, this game focuses on difficulty and capturing every Pokemon available. Enjoy!
• Difficulty – As always, the games difficulty has increased dramatically, with an adjustable level curve.
• Wild Pokemon – Again, you will be able to capture all 386 Pokemon one way or another, a list of locations has been provided.
• Rivals & Rockets – You will notice that you have two extra companions to battle along the way. This includes May from the Hoenn Region and Jessie & James from Team Rocket! You will battle both of these several times throughout your journey.
• Extra Items – All those useful, unobtainable items that you couldn't get are available as gift items. This includes Lucky Egg, Silver Powder, Thick Club etc. A list of locations has been provided for these too.
• Stat Increases – A handful of Pokemon have had a suitable stat increase, this mainly applies to those with a lower Stat total. You can find all these on the Document with the download.
• Extra Areas – There are a couple of extra areas for you to nab some different Pokemon! (Mainly legendaries)
• Events - There is also a handful of events scattered around Kanto, this includes Gift Pokemon Events, Egg Events, Legendary events etc.
• Evolution – Obviously, the evolutions of the Pokemon with unaccessable methods of evolution have now been changed.
• Gym Rematches - Since these were left out of FRLG, I decided to kinda create Gym Leader Rematches. These take place in a small building in Vermillion City which you can only access once becoming Champion!
• Familiar Faces – You will notice several Gym Leaders have been replaced with characters from different Regions! See if you can spot them all.
• Type & Gender Changes - Some Pokemon have had their Types and Gender changed, this applies to those who I feel needed them.
• Aesthetic Changes – A few Routes/Areas will have a slightly overhauled look, including entrances to new areas/caves.
• Attack Changes – Many of the Pokemon now have a more fitting and suitable moveset, this applies to atleast 200 Pokemon. I have also boosted the Power, PP and Accuracy of many Attacks such as Dig, Cut, Aerial Ace etc.
• Starters – Finally, I have rearranged the Starters to a more diverse mixture which is now Clamperl, Tyrogue and Trapinch. These share similar characteristics with each other which is why I chose these three. Why not the originals? This is because rather than having the generic set of Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle, I thought it would be fun to change things up a bit and give you the opportunity to obtain a Pokemon that you can't usually obtain that early on in the game. Besides, you will be able to get Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle via events before the third Gym anyway.
The documents can be downloaded here:
Pokemon Fire Red
Characters in Game: