Pokemon Alt Evo Fire Red Description: Alt Evo (alternate evolution) Fire Red, as the title suggests, is a modified version of Pokemon Fire Red featuring alternate Pokemon evolutions and geared toward a "Nuzlocke" challenge.
- This hack offers a total of 272 Pokemon from generations I to V.
- A good amount of the Pokemon have different evolutions. Of the about 100 lines in the game, 40 have alternate evolutions.
- Because of the above, a lot of the Pokemon (if not all) have revised BST and Movesets. Also, all fully evolved Pokemon have decent stats, so don't underestimate the power of any Pokemon!
- Movesets were edited to be similar to Gen IV/V ones.
- Some Pokemon have new abilities, most of them from the DW.
- There are also a lot of typing changes. For example, Geodude is now pure Rock type.
- Starters are Chikorita, Charmander and Squirtle.
- Gift Pokemon have been changed. You no longer get Lapras in Silph Co or buy Magikarp in Route 4. Also, the Fighting Dojo prize is different (better). Eevee is still a gift mon.
- Pokemon you can buy from the Game Corner are different. In order, they are Abra, Jigglypuff, Tyrogue, Shuckle, Dratini (even if the game says otherwise).
2. Map and Plot
- Plot was left completely untouched.
- There is grass in some cities, explore!
- All places you can visit before visiting the Elite 4 are edited.
- Only the first 3 Sevii Islands are accessible.
- There is a new side-quest inserted into the game. It begins at Pewter City and ends after the Elite 4!
- All trainers have edited teams. The goal was to make the game challenging but not impossible.
- Almost every route/cave has at least one "boss" trainer that is smarter than the rest, has better movesets and can use items. These "bosses" are usually the last of the route, but not always. So be prepared!
- There a few extra, "hidden", trainers, that give stuff. Battle them!
- There are two trainers in the post-game.
4. Gym Leaders
- All Gym Leaders have edited teams.
- All Gym Leaders have 6 Pokemon in their team.
- Gym Leaders have more items (e.g. Potions) than in the original games. Also, they use hold items.
Pokemon Fire Red
Characters in Game: