Register  |  Login Retro Game Room  |  Board  |  Downloads  |  Memberlist  |  Video Game Room Staff  |  About Us  |  Help Center  
  Views: 1,305,032,580     11-24-14 07:41 PM  

Play Streets of Rage 2 Online
Original rumblers Axel and Blaze slam the asphalt with bigger, better, totally devastating attacks! Skull-crushing ex-wrestler Max Thunder joins up with earth-shattering body slams and spinning fist attacks. New thrasher Skate slices punks with high speed in-line skate attacks and spinning jump kicks. Go maniac with jaw-shattering, bone-busting punches, head-cracking jump kicks and secret weapons. Gangs of dirt bikers dive into you from every side. Smash 'em with a pipe as they speed by. 16 gigantic megs of compound fractures! All new moves, and more of 'em! Bust knuckles with a friend in an all-new 2-player head-to-head mode! System: gen
SEGA Enterprises Ltd.
SEGA of America, Inc.
Rating: 9.2
Click Here for More Info
Streets of Rage 2 Ratings
Overall Graphics Sound Addictiveness Depth Story Difficulty
Average User Score 9.2 9.1 8.7 7.6 6.4 6 7.7
justinfeena1's Score 6.3 7 7 N/A 4 N/A 7
Streets of Rage 2: It continues

Streets of Rage 2: Streets of Rage 2: It continues
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread

Posted on 09-10-11 04:19 PM justinfeena1 is Offline     Post: 259 words - Spell checked - (ID: 459458) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
justinfeena1
Level: 17

POST EXP: 11409
LVL EXP: 20818
CP: 335.9
VIZ: 41281
The second Streets of Rage game for Genesis.
Story:
Mr. X the syndicate boss has come back and kidnapped on of Alex's friends. Now together with 3 friends Alex goes on a trip to fight Mr. X and his criminals. The story is simple of course, but enough for the game.
Gameplay:
The gameplay is simple: you're walking from the left to the right and up and down and beat up the criminals with punches and kicks. Sometimes you get some weapons like pipes or knives to fight them and to heal yourself you can find food. Unfortunately the fights are not very dynamic and there are just a few combos. At the beginning you can choose of 4 players and each one got its own combos and moves. Another good thing is the pacing and balancing of the game. It starts of easy and with each new stage the enemies and bosses get harder.
Graphic/Stages:
The graphic itself is good and the characters are very detailed but the stages, even there are many different, are not very spectacular and don't have any highlights.
Sound:
The sound of the game is good, nothing special but it matches well to the mood of the game.
Conclusion:
Streets of Rage 2 is a cool fighter with a cool mood and music but unfortunately with just a few combos and not very dynamic fights. In the end I can say that I had my fun with Streets of Rage 2 but I'm a bit disappointed because I expected some more dynamic fights.

Red Tektite

Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Member
Since: 04-15-11
Last Post: 1158 days
Last Active: 23 days

Sponsor

Posted on 09-14-11 09:49 PM YourMajestyKen is Offline     Post: 36 words - (ID: 462340) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
YourMajestyKen
Level: 172

POST EXP: 420737
LVL EXP: 67909499
CP: 5661.7
VIZ: 220875
I really like this game, it's one of the first 4 games I've played here on Vizzed.

I still haven't beat it and I find it impossible with just one player, or maybe I suck.

Saber Tooth
WINNER of February 2011 VCS! WINNER of June 2011 VCS! WINNER of October 2011 VCS!
Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Elite
Since: 10-01-10
Last Post: 61 days
Last Active: 1 day

Posted on 09-14-11 10:38 PM rcarter2 is Offline     Post: 104 words - (ID: 462353) - Post Rating: 0 - Report Abuse | Link | Reply to Post
rcarter2
Level: 133

POST EXP: 732413
LVL EXP: 27196410
CP: 28188.5
VIZ: 1005788
I played this game when I got the Sega Smash Pack Vol. 1 for the Dreamcast. It was one of the games on there. I actually find it more difficult on 2 player mode because there are more enemies, and the partner tends to accidentally hit me a lot. So the only time I can beat this game on hard mode is on 1 player. If I am on 2 player mode, I have to be on medium at the most. I loved Skates move where he jumps on the enemies shoulders and starts pounding his boxing glove fists over their head. So funny.

Star Mario
Dominating RGR Competition Hall of Fame Table!
Affected by 'Laziness'

Position: Elite
Since: 05-01-11
Last Post: 2 days
Last Active: 26 min.
Add to favorites | "RSS" Feed | Next newer thread | Next older thread
Vizzed Board - Game Reviews - Sega Genesis
Streets of Rage 2: Streets of Rage 2: It continues
| |

Site Info  Sponsor  
  Vizzed.com © was created, designed, coded by & is property of:
David Auchampach